FETAC Level 5 Award in Healthcare Support
Healthcare – FETAC Level 5 Award in Healthcare Support
This course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills to carry out activities involved in the maintenance of a client’s personal care.
This course is a FETAC component certificate(s) award Level 5 programme. For information on the National framework of qualifications click here. For further information on the FETAC awards system click here. The FETAC Level 5 Healthcare Support certificate is the recommended training under The National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland.
This course may be completed in any of the following formats:
- Part-time evenings (2 evenings per week)
- Day Release - one day per week - training hours may vary module to module
The FETAC Accredited training will be delivered as individual modules or component certificates which may lead to a major award which consists of 8 modules. All components have assignments and project work attached. A minimum of 120 hours work placement is required for the work placement module - ideally learners should already be working in a healthcare facility. A substantial amount of research is expected outside of classroom time to assist with projects and assignments. The modules are:
- Human Growth and Dvelopment D20032
- Activities of Living Patient Care L22441
- Anatomy and Physiology D20001
- Safety and Health at Work D20165
- Communications G20001
- Work Experience W20008
- Care Support D20164
- Care Skills D20163
1 day block release or 2 evenings per week - training hours may vary module to module
- FETAC Level 5 Healthcare Support Component Certificate(s)
Minimum age requirement is 17 years. Learners whose 1st language is not English may be required to complete an entry assessment. General Requirements – Garda vetting essential for Work Experience component. Learners will be required to satisfy this requirement prior to placement
- Healthcare Assistants employed by the state sector – e.g. Homecare Support Scheme operated by the HSE.
- Healthcare Assistants employed by Agencies
Number of places available
Features of the course
This programme has been carefully designed to incorporate both practical and academic components. It will feature reflective diaries, case work studies, practical skills demonstrations, work placement, project and assignment work. Structured work experience will take place in community and care facilities. This requirement is fulfilled if learner is already working in a Healthcare setting.
- Higher Education
Fees Fees can be paid Per module: €200.00 per module
Please contact the office for details. There are no other hidden costs. All certification/notes/examination charges are all inclusive.
Please Note the Following:
- No programme will take place where the number of learners does not warrant it.
- Enrolments may take place up to two weeks after the commencement of a programme provided there are vacancies.
- Fees can be paid module by module prior to commencement of a programme. Please contact the office by email or telephone if you wish to avail of this option.
- Fees are non-refundable except where a programme does not take place. In that instance fees will be refunded.
No Course schedule available at present. Please make an enquiry about our courses here.